Effective March 2021
Our mission is to connect the world’s professionals to allow them to connect with more opportunities. Our services are designed to promote employment opportunities for our members by enabling you and millions of other professionals to connect and find employment opportunities or employees and make introductions in a global network of trusted relationships.
You agree that by clicking “Sign Up”, “Join IGLOBAL TALENT”, “Register”, or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with IGLOBAL TALENT (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company or university). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract at any time, you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.Services
This Contract applies to job-plus.co, IGLOBAL TALENT apps, and any other IGLOBAL TALENT related sites, apps, communications, and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those Services, such as our partner Cturtle Limited and any future plugins. Registered users of our Services are “Members”, and unregistered users are “Visitors” and partners Universities” and “Affiliates”.IGLOBAL TALENT and UniAdvisor LLC
- Visitors and Members
- Services Eligibility
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age”(described below) or older; (2) you will only have one IGLOBAL TALENT account, which must utilize your legal name; and (3) you are not already restricted by IGLOBAL TALENT from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if the law requires that you must be older in order for IGLOBAL TALENT to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data), then the Minimum Age is such older age.
- Your Account
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., introductions) and (3) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts and Professional Community Policies. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.As between you and others (including your university), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. Access or use of the Services was bought by your university), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
- Notices and Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, blog posts, links to news articles, job postings, messages and InMails. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services). Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, sharing content only to alumni, restricting your profile visibility from search engines, or opting not to notify others of your IGLOBAL TALENT profile). For job searching activities, we default to not notifying your introductions network or the public. So, if you apply for a job through our Service or opt to signal that you are interested in a job, our default is to share it only with the job poster and your university.We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it with or without notice.
- Rights and Limits
- As between you and IGLOBAL TALENT, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting IGLOBAL TALENT and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service, and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your content beyond the Services. However, if you choose to share your profile as “public, social, recruiters”, we will enable a feature that allows other Members and Visitors to see your profile, download content such as your CV and contact you within the Service.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Service Availability
- Other Content, Sites, App and Employment Opportunities
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. IGLOBAL TALENT generally does not review content provided by our Members, Visitors or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’ and Visitors’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let introductions and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news. Members have choices about this feature.IGLOBAL TALENT may help connect Members and our affiliates offering their services (career coaching, accounting, professional development, continuing education, employment opportunities etc.) with Members seeking services. IGLOBAL TALENT does not perform nor employs individuals to perform these services. You must be at least 18 years of age to offer, perform or procure these services. You acknowledge that IGLOBAL TALENT does not supervise, direct, control or monitor Members or Visitors in the performance of these services and agree that (1) IGLOBAL TALENT is not responsible for the offering, performance or procurement of these services, (2) IGLOBAL TALENT does not endorse any particular Member’s offered services, and (3) nothing shall create an employment, agency, or joint venture relationship between IGLOBAL TALENT and any Member offering services. If you are a Member offering services, you represent and warrant that you have all the required licenses and will provide services consistent with industry Professional Community Policies.Similarly, IGLOBAL TALENT may help you register for and/or attend events organized by Members, Visitors, Universities and connect with other Members who are attendees at such events or alumni associations. You agree that (1) IGLOBAL TALENT is not responsible for the conduct of any of the Members or other attendees at such events, (2) IGLOBAL TALENT does not necessarily endorse any particular event, employment opportunity, professional development program, or education service listed on our Services, (3) IGLOBAL TALENT does not review and/or vet any of these events, and (4) that you will adhere to these terms and conditions that apply to such events.
IGLOBAL TALENT reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the visibility of your profile, number of your introductions, introductions and promotions, and your ability to contact other Members and Visitors. IGLOBAL TALENT reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services and if the service contract we have with your university expires or is terminated.
- Intellectual Property Rights
IGLOBAL TALENT reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. IGLOBAL TALENT, and “+” logos and other IGLOBAL TALENT trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of IGLOBAL TALENT.
- Automated Processing
We use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members, Visitors, and Universities to make recommendations for introductions, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend jobs to you and you to recruiters. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
- No Warranty
IGLOBAL TALENT AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IGLOBAL TALENT AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Exclusion of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS IGLOBAL TALENT HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), IGLOBAL TALENT, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWNTIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. IGLOBAL TALENT AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO IGLOBAL TALENT FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS CONTRACT, IF ANY, OR (B) US $100.
- Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and IGLOBAL TALENT and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if IGLOBAL TALENT or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
- Termination Both you and IGLOBAL TALENT may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution You and IGLOBAL TALENT both agree that all claims and disputes can be litigated only in the federal or state courts in Santa Clara County, California, USA, and you and IGLOBAL TALENT each agree to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
- General TermsIf a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that IGLOBAL TALENT has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that IGLOBAL TALENT may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
- IGLOBAL TALENT “Dos and Don’ts”
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
- Don’ts You agree that you will not knowingly, recklessly, or intentionally:
- Create a false identity on IGLOBAL TALENT, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of IGLOBAL TALENT;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of IGLOBAL TALENT, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “IGLOBAL TALENT” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by IGLOBAL TALENT without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited IGLOBAL TALENT trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without IGLOBAL TALENT’s consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without IGLOBAL TALENT’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms)
- Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members and Visitors be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
- How To Contact Us For general inquiries, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org