On-site Technology Support Specialist
Job ID 47871
About the job
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure and resilient technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you’ll be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
As part of Enterprise Technology, the On-site Technology Support’s mission is to help our customers fulfil their purposes and contribute to building a better working world by providing a fit for purpose support service.
The On-site Technology Support Specialist provides this support to customers within the country or site by performing multiple technology support activities. This professional demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks, working with multiple software and hardware technologies, in a fast-paced environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate and support the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware).
- Facilitate and support the provisioning and deprovisioning processing, including setting up of hardware/software for new hires, and receiving hardware from separating employees.
- Assist with (or coordinate) the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve end user incidents.
- Resolve incidents associated with firm-standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies. Identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Under minimal supervision, provide after-hours service for escalated issues and tasks from the Service Desk or supervisor.
- Perform asset management activities (procurement, receipt, inventory, tracking, distribution, etc) as assigned and in accordance with firm policy and EY Technology process.
- Assist with off-site technology support for firm sponsored functions/meetings.
- Assist with IT tasks related to office moves, buildouts and relocations.
- Work effectively as “remote hands” for other EY Technology functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of EY Technology’s organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
- Understand the Firm’s business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
- The role receives direct oversight from a supervisor with regular contact to assign and monitor activities
- This role is required to physically work in an EY office.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Effective analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues.
- Decision making responsibilities are generally limited to addressing a single end-user issue; ability to be able to prioritize incidents being worked on and communicate those priorities to end users as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is desirable.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and peers.
- Approximately 2-4 years of experience in end user technology support
What We Offer
As part of this role, you’ll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging.
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office).
Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.