Study Abroad Advisor
Job ID 47142
Position Title: International Education Advisor I
Functional Title: International Education Advisor I
Department: International Center
Salary Range: Up to $45,000 – DOQ
Pay Basis: Monthly
Position Status: Regular full-time
Posting Open Date: 11/08/2023
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled: Yes
Desired Start Date: 12/01/2023
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, the international education advisor I is responsible for advising students through all stages of the study abroad experience, including program selection, application, credit transfer, scholarship application, financial aid eligibility, and re-entry and managing a portfolio of education abroad programs. Duties include designing programs, promotion, participant recruitment and selection, and per-departure preparation; coordination with domestic and international partners; and associated administrative tasks.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience studying abroad.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- Working knowledge of TerraDotta
- Experience working in a study abroad office and a university environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, advise, select, and prepare students for assigned programs. Provide students with appropriate academic and program advising. Design and manage information sessions, pre-departure orientations, and returnee sessions individually or as part of a team.
- Manage a portfolio of programs including, but not limited to: reciprocal exchange, affiliated, faculty-led, and internship/experiential programs. In collaboration with OIE, work with assigned academic units to integrate study abroad into academic degree plans. Build and maintain professional relationships with key academic advisors and faculty, develop an understanding of the academic structure of degree plans and departmental goals related to internationalization, identify opportunities for academic collaborations, and conduct activities in support of mutual goals. Manage and evaluate existing UTD education abroad programs in various countries as assigned.
- Serve as the primary contact for students and serve as a liaison to offices on campus regarding education abroad programs and policies. Ensure completion of administrative processes associated with the functions above. Participate in staff meetings, special projects, and committees. Collaborate on the processing of academic credit and conduct other associated administrative tasks.
- Develop marketing materials and presentations, plan annual study abroad fair
- Other duties as assigned
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity in higher education that provides a hybrid remote work schedule, employee tuition assistance, and comprehensive benefits package?
After the probationary period, this role may be eligible for a hybrid (partly remote/partly in office) work schedule, subject to business need and manager approval. May be required to use personal computer and other standard office equipment. Must be located within the DFW Area and have the ability to be on campus with 24 hours of notice. A UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement will be required within 14 days after approval.
What We Can Offer
UT Dallas aims to attract and retain talented faculty and staff to support the university’s mission. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- AD&D coverage
UT Dallas also offers employee wellness programs, tuition assistance, and professional development through their BRIGHT Leaders program and a variety of virtual learning platforms. BRIGHT Leaders aims to support, encourage, and serve as a resource to cultivate and nurture effective leadership at all levels by providing trainings and resources to help all UTD employees grow their leadership skills.
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity with great benefits? Look no further! Join our team!
Ability and willingness to travel and to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions Summary
This position is located in the Office of International Education (OIE) within the International Center. OIE consists of 3 areas: Education Abroad, International Risk and Safety, and Passport Services.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to providing an educational, living, and working environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of all members of the university community. UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its services, programs, activities, employment, and education, including in admission and enrollment. EOE, including disability/veterans. The University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the employment application and interview process, contact the ADA Coordinator. For inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies, contact the Title IX Coordinator.