Job ID 47068
About the job
Northrop Consulting Engineers is an employee owned, multi-discipline consultancy that has been established for over 45 years. We have an open management structure that embodies a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce for all our employees.
We currently employ over 500 team members across ten offices in NSW, ACT, QLD, and VIC. We are essentially a people business that grows by creating opportunities for our people to help build the business and their career. When you join Northrop, you join a company that will support you to excel both professionally and personally.
The projects we undertake come in all sizes across a range of sectors including age care, health, education, land development, commercial, industrial and residential.
Our reputable Sydney Structural Section requires a motivated and passionate Structural Engineer to join the team.
With a strong pipeline of upcoming projects with new and existing clients, you will be leading projects whilst supported by a close-knit management team. You will be client facing, with the autonomy of leading projects from concept to construction and technical job delivery – with the support to help you succeed.
Operating with an appropriate level of autonomy to deliver technically challenging projects, key components of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for technical delivery of a wide range of structural projects including commercial buildings, residential developments, fit-out, aged care and educational facilities.
- Working closely with a diverse client base, responding efficiently to client’s needs, including attendance at meetings and inspections. Acting as first POC for design coordination and reviews.
- Being responsible for project costings, monitoring project performance and budget ensuring that key dates are met and projects remain within budget.
- Assist junior team members in the planning of their project time each week.
- Act as a mentor to up and coming young talented engineers.
- Contribute to technical development across the Structural section.
- Develop skills in business development including preparation of proposals.
Applications Are Sought From Candidates With The Following Attributes
- Proven local experience working as a structural engineer in a consulting environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and working towards CPEng
- knowledge of ETABS, RC Building, RAPT, SpaceGass highly valued.
- Delivering projects across various types of structures within the residential / health / education / commercial / industrial sectors.
- Accountability to set goals and drive to their fulfilment – someone who can keep the team motivated and moving!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team ethic to work collaboratively across functional groups.
- Familiar with financial management of projects internally is highly valued.
What does working at Northrop look like to you?
At Northrop we understand that the key to success is our people. Together we are creating a workplace that values an inclusive culture. We are proud of our family feel and collaborative working environment.
- We practice flexible working and are open to discussions about what that means for you
- Benchmarked salary package with annual salary reviews
- Flexible working hours
- Paid parental leave (primary carer, maternity and partner leave)
- Salary income protection insurance
- Respectful, supportive and collaborative culture
- We Empower: Mentoring programs, internal and external training and monthly career development/one-on-ones
How to apply?
To apply for this role, please submit a comprehensive resume as well as a brief covering letter.
Northrop is an equal opportunity employer.