Senior Software Engineer
Job ID 47854
About the job
Updoc is designing the future of healthcare through building technology that connects patients with doctors, medical professionals and pharmacies across the country.
Updoc is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. This is an exciting ground floor opportunity to become one of our first technical hires.
You will be working directly with the founding team that has experience in software engineering, product management and leadership across a number of international technology companies including Freelancer, Afterpay, Canva and Uber. With the learning opportunities available, we have created the environment for our team to become the next generation of founders and product leaders.
- Design and implement key technical infrastructure and solutions
- Implement new product features and backend system improvements
- Assist with building our engineering team as we scale
- Balancing rapid iteration speed with the overall stability, security and modularity of our system in an agile team
- Working closely with stakeholders in product, design, growth and operations to develop the world’s best health tech platform
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable web applications
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Demonstrated expertise with databases like Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Experience with APIs as a consumer and provider
- Enthusiasm for solving business problems with technology
- Experience working in startups and passionate about involved in an early-stage company
- Comfortable developing in CI/CD environment
- Understanding of Serverless Architecture
- Unlimited access to the company gym, and sauna
- Flexible hybrid WFH / in-office working style. Most of the team works from home 1-2 days per week.
- Weekly team lunches
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry
- Competitive salary and equity packages to ensure everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Accelerated learning programs in a fast paced, high growing start-up environment
- Office wellness benefits including unlimited medical consultations and team building reflection offsites
- Working in one of the most rewarding industries, healthcare, where you will impact the lives of those around you
Research has shown that men will apply for roles when they meet an average of 60% of the job criteria; however women and other marginalised people may only apply when they meet all criteria. Even if you don’t meet every single point, please apply if you are interested.
Greg | Updoc Creative Lead
“Updoc has been a game changer for Aussie healthcare. I came across Updoc during film school and knew that I could add a lot of value to their creative competency so I reached out to join their team. The platform I’ve now helped build is user-friendly and the team is dedicated to providing the best possible care. I really enjoy bringing my whole self to be part of such an innovative company that is making a real impact on the healthcare system in Australia.”