Senior Recruitment Advisor supporting Xavier University
Job ID 24330
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Annual Salary: RM 84,000 to RM 108,000
We are looking for a talented, dedicated professional to support Xavier University’s recruitment activities in Southeast Asia via Grok Global’s Program Office, based in Kuala Lumpur.
About Xavier University
Xavier University is a mid-sized private 4-year university ranked #5 in the top Midwest colleges and universities in the United States. Founded in 1831, Xavier is a Jesuit Catholic University and the oldest Catholic college in Ohio. The university offers 90+ undergraduate majors and 40+ graduate programs, including strong STEM programs such as Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Data Science, and Business Analytics.
Xavier is home to approximately 7,000 total students, including 5,000 undergraduate students, who receive personal attention from faculty (12:1 student-to-faculty ratio) and have substantial opportunities to engage in research with faculty and to secure internships relevant to their major.
98% of Xavier students are employed, attending grad school or working in service positions within six months of graduation and 85% of applicants from Xavier are accepted into medical school compared to the 40% national average.
Xavier is located in Cincinnati, Ohio, which features some of the largest companies in the world, providing students and alumni with countless opportunities for careers, internships and mentorships at places like Kroger, Procter & Gamble, Fifth Third Bancorp, American Financial and Western & Southern Financial group. The city is ranked the #1 Best City for College Graduates (smartasset.com) and is home to some of the nation’s leading hospitals and healthcare networks, including Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, the Christ Hospital and TriHealth.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate’s duties will include the provision of:
- Local (Southeast Asia-based) promotion and brand building activities
- Dissemination of institutional information, such as providing training on undergraduate degree programsoffered by Xavier University to various stakeholders, such as education agencies
- Building and strengthening relationships with high-schools and local universities
- Following up with academic offer holders via conversion/acceptance of offer campaigns
- Planning and delivering market activities that support Xavier University’s brand and reputation
- Identifying and sharing higher education trends as they relate to students and agencies in Southeast Asia, with particular focus on trends that may impact the United States as a study destination for students.
The position involves significant domestic and international stakeholder-engagement activities. This may constitute participating in both in-person and online/tech enabled information sessions, meetings, and student education fairs. Upon the safe resumption of in-person meetings, significant domestic and regional travel is anticipated (30-40%).
The Most Suitable Background
- 5-7+ years of experience in increasingly responsible roles related to education or international education
- Experience representing a known American institution will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree with good to strong academic performance. Master’s degree an advantage.
- Strong English at a Professional Working Proficiency.
- Study or experience abroad strongly preferred. USA-related experience would be an asset.
- Voluntary or other life experience that demonstrates creativity, hard work, persistence, and a drive to succeed.
The Most Important Traits to Succeed
- Strong communication skills with an ability to guide and influence others
- Strong strategic skills – evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations
- Good judgment / internal moral compass
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda
- Strong customer sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity and confidence
- Ambitious and results-orientated
- Displays initiative and are resourceful
- Hardworking and persistent.