About the job
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Materials Handling/Shafts)
- Work from anywhere in Australia
- Be involved in an exciting project with sustainability principles at the core of its design
- Engineering membership fee reimbursement policy for registered Engineers
More than 50,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
Harnessing world-class technologies to offer a safer, cleaner, and more efficient future of mining, the Woodsmith Project is a new polyhalite fertiliser mine being developed in the North-East of England. With sustainability principles at the core of its design, it will set the standard for a new era.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer (Materials Handling/Shafts) to join the project team. This position can be based anywhere in Australia.
- Collaborates with client, engineers, and other staff to understand the specified material and the conveyance, transport, or other handling needs.
- Provides advice on technology selection, including high level TIC budget estimating input and engineering hours estimation, and detailed MTO.
- Develops layouts from first principles or adapts from previous project design.
- Recommends improvements to ensure most efficient and cost-effective handling and packaging procedures.
- Drafts sketches and written analysis of proposed designs or improvements to handling system, packaging, and other related elements.
- Estimates material needs, costs, and timelines for proposed projects.
- Facilitates installation, testing, and debugging phases of projects.
- Coordinates work with and deliveries from outside vendors.
- Drafts, or assists with drafting of, relevant technical documentation, user manuals, and lists.
- Specifies, produces purchase requisitions, review and comply vendor deliverables.
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess a combination of work experience, skills and or qualifications in the following areas:
- Experience in materials handling for both underground and surface design environments (soft and hard rock)
- Experience in shaft equipping/fit-out (or a desire to develop this experience)
- Conversant and experienced in concept, pre feasibility, FEED, value engineering, detailed design, commissioning and maintenance.
- Familiar with TUNRA design philosophes
- Experienced with the layout and design of:
- Belt conveyors
- Bin and chute design,
- Dust suppression and control
- Rail-mounted and crawler-mounted mobile machines
- Conversant with AS4324, including combined load case fatigue design and stability philosophies
Worley recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds.
In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel. On this basis we will consider all types of engagements models, including part time and job sharing. We offer, the ability to purchase up to 8 weeks leave, compressed work weeks, flexible hours, working from home and accrued flex days, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley
Make a real difference – witness the results – be a part of the Worley journey today!