Residential Outreach Doctor
Job ID 47570
About the job
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across 3 campuses in the northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. Austin Health is world-renowned for its research and specialist work in cancer, liver transplantation, spinal cord injuries, neurology, endocrinology, mental health and rehabilitation.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for enthusiastic Registrar/HMOs to join our CASUAL AND WEEKEND COVER ROSTER for the Better@Home Subacute and Residential InReach Team from February 2023.
Details of Department
Better@Home is a DHHS-supported initiative to support more healthcare within patients’ homes where appropriate and supported by the patient, through use of home-delivered and virtual care.
The Better@home program within the Continuing Care Division includes
- Residential In Reach
The Better@Home-Subacute program aims to provide person-centred comprehensive, multidisciplinary care in the patient’s residence as an alternative to inpatient care, including daily nursing, allied health and/or medical review.
The Residential In-Reach Service (RIR) is staffed by Clinical Nurse Consultants and Doctors from the Geriatric Medicine team for the purpose of reviewing aged care residents within their facilities, providing a timely, person-centred management approach for acute medical conditions. The service also may provide consultation to Austin Health inpatients who are residents of Aged Care Facilities.
Details of position/position requirements
Under the supervision of the unit consultant and working effectively and efficiently with the multidisciplinary team, the Registrar is responsible for ensuring the right patient receives the right care at the right time in the right environment, mindful of efficient and clinically appropriate utilisation of health resources. As part of the multidisciplinary Better@Home-Subacute and Residential InReach teams, you have shared responsibility for quality patient negotiated outcomes.
Role Requirements Include
- Participate in weekend and evening roster
- Provide support for the Better@home program including the acute medical care of patients who normally live at home or in residential aged care settings, with a strong emphasis on delivering person-centred care, and delineating the goals of treatment in consultation with the person and their medical treatment decision makers
- Be responsible for the admission, management and safe discharge of patients of the Better@Home program (including Residential InReach and Better@Home-Subacute)
- Work collaboratively with the Better@Home team members (senior medical staff, junior medical staff, allied health, nursing and other staff) to provide efficient, safe and quality care.
- Facilitate excellent communication and liaison with other staff, general practitioners and others involved in patient care.
To Be Successful In This Role You Must
- Be registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A minimum of three years’ post-graduate experience as a medical practitioner.
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality patient care.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- Demonstrate competent performance of common clinical procedures
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check conducted by Austin Health and if required, a Working With Children Check.
Austin Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Click on ‘Apply Now’ at the end of this page. You will be directed to sign in/register through the Austin Health Careers Site. Complete the registration process as prompted.
Please note: You will be required to attach copies of the following to your online application:
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Employment History Datasheet (upload as Selection Criteria Response)
- Fellowship Certificate (where applicable)
- Evidence of current COVID-19 vaccination status