Job ID 24336
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Annual Salary: RM 84,000 to RM 108,000
A US-based corporation, Grok Global Services is a professional service firm exclusively focused on the international education sector. We provide local expertise and resources across a multitude of countries and regions, allowing our clients to strategically engage key student recruitment markets. A key part of our business is deploying staff across Asia to deliver in-person promotion of our client universities to various stakeholders, such as future students and their families, education consultants, as well as high school counselors.
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for a dedicated, organised and detailed person to support our HR and Administrative function across South and Southeast Asia, with a primary focus on hiring.
Does this describe you?
- You want to work with interesting people, at a rapidly growing company.
- You enjoying recruiting talent and love picking up the phone to interact with candidates.
- You are a team player with a high level of cultural awareness.
- You take pride in being an ambassador for the organisation you work for.
- You are responsible, articulate and coordinate meetings across multiple calendars and time zones without errors.
- You think independently and are able to define tasks to prioritize the urgent versus the important.
- You care about the company you work for, and understand the importance of ensuring a positive work culture.
- You are a great negotiator.
- You may speak multiple languages, with a great command of written and spoken English.
Expectations of the Regional HR Officer
This is a multi-faceted role with a primary focus on supporting hiring across South and Southeast Asia. As our company grows, we want our staff to grow too. This means that your “day to day” may look different a year or two down the road, though the immediate priorities and tasks you will support are:
- Executing the hiring process in your remit. From posting vacancies to screening and shortlisting candidates based on the specific client needs, to candidate contract and salary negotiations, reference checks and setting the onboarding schedule.
- You will help Grok develop a strong reputation as an employer of choice while developing a network of contacts within the international education sector.
- You will support the annual performance and appraisal process.
- If there is ever a failure of fit, or a staff member is under performing, you will support the HR function in the creation and monitoring of a bespoke performance improvement plan.
- Be an administrator across multiple talent acquisition websites.
- Support the Regional Operations Manager on ad hoc projects, such as development and implementation of new policies, or organizing company events.
- Assist with the set-up of new employees, such as organizing access cards etc.
What type of candidate are we looking for?
We are not looking for the perfect fit – because what is perfect? We understand that everyone brings their own unique background of experiences and skills. If you do not tick all the boxes, we’ll help you learn what you need to know. But to join Grok, you should be hardworking, smart, culturally aware and willing to master any skills you may be missing.
Past experiences that we believe will help you transition smoothly into the role includes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
- You completed your studies abroad, or have other significant cross-cultural experiences.
- Past employment in a multi-national organisation with responsibilities spanning two or more countries in South and Southeast Asia.
- Experience with multiple talent acquisition software systems and/or applicant tracking systems.