Job ID 27443
Connex One is a UK based market leading “Omnichannel” provider, providing powerful in-house AI technology to intelligently transcribe and assess calls, with an ever expanding platform of communication channels, including Email, Live chat, WhatsApp, SMS and Facebook.
Established in 2013 Connex One is now present in 5 continents, with a global headcount of over 350 global employees, based between our offices in Manchester, Durban (South Africa), Miami (USA), Melbourne (Australia), Stockholm (Sweden) and Spain (Barcelona).
The teams comprise of; Developers, Support Engineers, Technical Services, Solutions Architects, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Infrastructure & DevOps, Finance & Accounting, HR & Compliance in all global locations. The businesses’ success is based on impeccable client service, passionate people and leading-edge technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to commence, or take that next step in your HR career with a growing organisation. In this hands-on role you will play a vital role in supporting all aspects of the recruitment life cycle. You will ensure an optimal candidate experience and you will also become the go to for all things recruitment and HR for the AUS entity, collaborating with the wider Global teams in the USA, South Africa and UK.
What you’ll be doing
Directly reporting in to the General Manager this is a full end to end role where you partner with our internal stakeholders providing support and advice to ensure we attract the best talent. To our applicants you will be the face of Connex One and the main contact should they be successful to join the company.
Your role will include:
- Management of the Recruitment system
- Advertise jobs and ensure role templates are kept up to date and relevant
- Sourcing, screening and assessing potential applicants against identified competency requirements
- Scheduling interviews and all pre-employment checks (Right to Work, Medical, Probity) as required
- Facilitating offer processes and ensuring all required on boarding processes and documents are completed
- Undertaking regular checks with new employees ensuring early issues are identified and employee and manager satisfaction
- Support the management of the HR inbox
Qualification and Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and reliability
- Intermediate/advance level proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to see tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Proactive and solutions focused, one to put ideas forward to better the business
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice to stakeholders in relation to human resource practices and procedures, including the application of the Enterprise Agreement and associated policies
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end recruitment process
- Hold, or working towards, tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or a related field.
Base Salary from $70k per annum plus Superannuation
To apply for this role, submit your CV and any relevant personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process, please reach out to the HR inbox.
This job description should be taken as a general guide and the company reserves the right to update and amend it in keeping with operational requirements, which may change from time to time.