About the job
ERTECH is an Australian and employee owned Civil and Electrical Construction business with a solid 40 years delivering our services to private, local, State and Federal Government sectors across Australia. This is an exciting time to join our business as we continue to grow our capability in Transport, Mining, Oil & Gas, Water, Defence, Waste & Environment, Power, Aviation and Community infrastructure.
We are proud of the work we produce and the long-standing relationships we build and are now recruiting a Project Engineer (civil) to be part of our team and ongoing success as we begin another new project for Chevron on Barrow Island.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this role will help deliver civil and earthworks packages, structures, underground services, and temporary offices and facilities. This role will have a 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster, mobilising from October 2023.
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of assigned work areas in accordance with Contract requirements and company procedures.
- Monitor and manage performance of safety, time, cost and quality of assigned work areas in accordance with approved plans
- Providing (and seeking where necessary) technical advice to (and from) relevant personnel
- Manage the performance of assigned sub-contractors and suppliers in accordance with their agreements
- Develop an understanding of the project’s commercial requirements, and take ownership of assigned commercial aspects
- Working collaboratively within immediate team and with other teams by actively supporting and contributing to their efforts
- Ensuring a safe working environment in compliance with Project HSEQ Plans
We are seeking:
- Tertiary qualifications (e.g. Bachelor in Engineering)
- Solid understanding of civil engineering principles, ideally associated with road/ transport construction (not a must)
- Effective engineering project planning and scheduling capabilities
- Commercial understanding of contract and project cost control management in the civil engineering industry (e.g., understands productivity and measure, forecasting)
- Advanced understanding of established HSEQ systems and principles
What we can offer you:
- Highly competitive and comprehensive remuneration package
- Broad and evolving scope of responsibilities that will play a pivotal role in the development of this new project
- Accelerated career development
- Alignment to a company with a sustainable growth strategy within infrastructure and transport in WA
At Ertech we lay a foundation centred around core values, positive interactions and a strong culture where our leaders stay connected to employees. If you are looking for a position in an environment in which you can flourish whilst building your career, there is no better time to join the Ertech team than now.
Please note: This role is being sourced through Ertech directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply’ button today. We actively support and encourage applications from a wide sector of the community and all applications will be treated with strict confidence.