Job ID 47047
Are you interested in startups, entrepreneurship and education, passionate about world travel, and believe in the value of global experience? We are a mission-based social enterprise committed to teaching college students and recent graduates real skills that will give them a competitive edge in the global economy. To do so, we are changing the face of the study abroad industry by shifting its focus to experiential learning. We believe today’s students can do more than learn about Europe’s political economy on a chalkboard. Why not learn, instead, how to build a European market entry strategy…and help a company execute it?
Welcome to Sage Corps – a global career accelerator program that sends top college students to intern abroad with startups. We’ve developed an entrepreneurial study abroad program where students step out of the classroom to tackle real problems and build real solutions alongside CEOs, CTOs, and CMOs. We think experience is the new classroom.
We are currently looking for a talented, like-minded person to join our growing team!
We are building a powerful community of top students, global startups, and young business leaders worldwide. Behind each cohort of students that spends time building startups, there is a team at Sage Corps’ headquarters in Chicago (remote-friendly) that dedicates its livelihood to ensuring that each student has a once-in-a-lifetime experience in our program! We also support our alumni as they go on to land subsequent jobs with top consulting firms, tech companies, banks, startups, or even academic institutions.
Our Programming Manager will:
- Work with our programming team to meet and guide college students initially at the admissions stage, through our enrollment and pre-departure phase, and later during the program experience in one of our global cities and remotely for our online programs
- Onboard, vet, and manage our extensive global startup portfolio, and work to secure internship opportunities for our students within these companies
- Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Conducting student video interviews and making enrollment decisions
- Perform personalized career assessment for each assigned student, including resume review and revisions.
- Recruit, vet, and manage our portfolio of hundreds of startup partners worldwide; managing the portfolio in Salesforce
- Match students with internship placement within our global startup network that is aligned with their career objectives and academic pursuits
- Assist the team in planning and launching program itineraries
- Organize and lead program orientations both remotely and abroad
- Manage our local city managers and monitor budgets for each assigned global city during the abroad program
- Pre-departure logistical preparations for students in assigned global programs for abroad programs (visa, medical forms, health insurance, etc.)
- Troubleshoot in-country student issues (personal, medical, and professional) alongside local city managers
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule while students are abroad
Ideal Candidate has:
- Genuine excitement after reading this job posting
- Willingness to wear multiple hats when necessary – an exceptional, highly-motivated, independent multi-tasker who is extremely organized, detail-oriented and has experience building and executing processes to create operational efficiencies, tech-savvy and a go-getter/doer
- Prior experience working at a startup is also helpful (i.e.,fast-paced, high intensity w/out bureaucracy and corporate structure), and otherwise, knowledge of and experience with early-stage (seed stage) startup companies is a plus
- 2-3 years working in recruiting field (prior work with entry-level candidates or campus recruiting is helpful) or international education (intern abroad programming is helpful)
- Experience working under pressure to meet quotas or deadlines and proven willingness to work longer hours when required
- Strong written and oral presentation skills – public speaking experience is particularly helpful
- Passion for and experience with international travel is preferred (and awesome)!
- Prior experience living, studying, and/or working abroad – highly preferred
- Desire to work on a smaller, growing team and excitement to help us scale an incredible mission
- Creativity and enthusiasm – it’s contagious!
- Home base in Chicago; this is strongly preferred, though not an absolute requirement, and we will consider remote candidates (our team currently works remotely)
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Flexible (summer Fridays and generous work-from-home policies – fully remote currently) but sometimes long hours. Because we love our work!
- Potential international travel: Europe, South America, Asia, Australia, Africa
- Access to 1871 – premier local and global startup community in Chicago
- Access to Sage Corps community (Sage Corps alumni, global startups, accelerators/incubators, etc.)
- Health insurance
Compensation: commensurate with experience – $50,000-55,000 base salary plus health insurance for US-based candidates
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover email with an attached resume.