Job ID 47827
About the job
Make your mark with Thiess
Every day, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. Take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About The Role
Thiess is currently looking for a motivated and energetic Surveyor to ensure daily operational mine plan objectives are achieved at Mount Pleasant. This role is on an 8 days on, 6 days off roster
As a Surveyor at Mount Pleasant you will be responsible for delivering total survey requirements of the project, including day-to-day set outs, monthly volume pick-ups, end of month reporting and contractual obligations.
Some of your duties will include:
- Provide survey support and assist the technical services group in the planning process.
- Establish and maintain a system of survey marks adequate to complete mining work.
- Ensure survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans.
- Conduct daily and weekly mine compliance reporting.
- Complete on-site RPAS drone surveys/scans/photos/incident reporting
- Provide EOM reconciliation.
- Conduct EOM pickups and volume calculations.
To be successful in this role you are required to have:
- A tertiary qualification in Surveying or equivalent.
- Experience in a Mine Surveying environment.
- Understanding of mining principles, design concepts and operations (particularly their relation to survey activities) in a large scale open cut mining operation
- Experience with Vulcan, Point Studio, and Deswik software is desirable
- A commitment to the practice of health and safety always.
What Thiess Can Do For You
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary sacrifice options – novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
How To Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.