Lead Mechanical Engineer
Job ID 47850
About the job
About DRA Global
Revolutionise your career with DRA Global Limited (ASX: DRA | JSE: DRA), a leading international engineering, project delivery, and operations management group specialising in the mining, minerals, and metals industry. With a remarkable legacy spanning almost four decades and a global presence across Africa, the Middle East, North and South America, Australia, and the Asia-Pacific, we offer an unparalleled experience for growth and innovation.
About The Role
We currently have exciting opportunities for Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our Brisbane team in the CBD. We are looking for innovative and motivated engineers that thrive in a fast paced, solutions focused environment. Working alongside or leading a multi-disciplined engineering and design team, you will be responsible for the mechanical and piping design of process plants.
Duties will include but not be limited to:-
- Working with others to deliver multi disciplinary engineering designs
- Develop mechanical design deliverables, such as design calculations and equipment selection, for various applications including bulk materials handling systems, slurry & hydraulic systems, mechanical platework etc.
- Preparation of documentation to support equipment procurement and contract execution, including Scopes of Work, Specifications, Datasheets and Technical Evaluation of Tender Submissions
- Review Vendor documentation and facilitate incorporation into project designs with specific reference to ensuring constructability, operability and maintainability
- Deliver high quality technical solutions with reference to Australian and International Standards, Codes, Guidelines and industry best practice
- Execute project delivery within schedule, budget and quality criteria with a strong focus on safety
- Pro actively work to identify risks, both project and technical, and taking appropriate action to ensure successful project outcomes
- Willingness to attend site for short to medium term construction support, commissioning and/or operational support roles as required
To be successful in this role, you will have:-
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- RPEQ Certification
- Proven experience in in Gold process plant design
- Slurry, water and solutions pumping and pipeline design experience
- Materials Handling and plant front end experience
- Understanding of relevant Australian and industry codes and standards
- Strong deliverable focus and ability to plan the work
- Experience with base metals and rare earth minerals is highly advantageous
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and guide the design team toward success
- Right to work in Australia
We value diversity and the benefits it brings to achieving our objectives, enhancing our reputation, and attracting, engaging, and retaining talented people. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability, and ethnicity, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Our commitment to equal opportunities and a diverse workplace is embodied in our values of People, Safety, Trust, Integrity, Excellence, and Courage.