IT Infrastructure Engineer
Job ID 47852
About the job
– Exciting opportunity to develop your technology infrastructure cloud experience
– Develop your career in one of the world’s largest social and market research agencies
– Hybrid work arrangement to balance your work-life and wellbeing
Reporting into our IT Director, you will play a pivotal role in deploying and maintaining IT solutions across both Australia and New Zealand; both on prem and in cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP). You will primarily work on Windows but will have some exposure to Linux. You will provide on-site technical support to staff and will have an opportunity to participate in both local and global projects. Your key responsibilities will include:
– Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure: Ensure that all systems and infrastructure are running smoothly and efficiently
– Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
– Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
– Responding to and resolving help desk requests
– Overseeing system performance and troubleshooting issues
– Ensuring security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
– Upgrading systems with new releases and models
– Developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans
– Training staff on new technologies
We are looking for an IT engineer who has passion for developing their career in IT infrastructure support. To be successful in this role you will:
– Have working knowledge of both on-prem and cloud services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
– Have high focus on uptime, response, and resolution time to solve business IT queries
– Have excellent customer service and communication skills to resolve any issues that staff may have
– You will enjoy being up-to-date with the latest technology and ensure that the organization’s systems are current
– Have some experience in disaster recovery, firewalls, backup
– Train staff and bring in innovation to identify creative solutions within broader budgetary and operational constraints
– Cloud certification will be advantageous
We are one of the world’s largest market research companies, the only one founded and still managed primarily by researchers across 90 markets. At Ipsos, we are passionately curious about people; we help interpret, simulate, and anticipate the needs and reactions of consumers, customers and citizens around the world. We make our changing world easier and faster to navigate and inspire clients to make smarter decisions. The work we do helps provide a true understanding of our society, markets and people. We are Game Changers!
Our culture is unique – we have the entrepreneurial spirit and quirkiness of a small boutique, but we also have the resources, scale and diversity of a large global agency. We have bright, friendly, hardworking and enthusiastic people from diverse backgrounds and experience to work with. Integrity, curiosity, collaboration, client first and entrepreneurial spirit are the core values that define what we do, and we like to have fun too!
OUR COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL & GOVERNANCE (ESG)
Our ambition is to lead ESG in our industry. We do this in three ways:
– We give businesses, governments and public bodies the confidence they need to take the right actions for the benefit of people and the planet, to drive long-term prosperity for all.
– Our world-leading experts produce primary data, research and insights to fuel a healthy public debate, and create value by providing a true understanding of society, markets and people.
– We foster a culture which encourages diversity of thought and opinion where individuals can truly belong and have the freedom to produce work that drives impact. We want to be as diverse as the people and issues we research and a place where everyone can be proud to Belong. Belong is Ipsos’ initiative to drive our internal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion activities. It is central to our business and all that we all do, every day.
Our people are important to us. Locally, we offer a number of attractive benefits, targeting the professional development and wellbeing of our employees. Regular social events, learning and development programs and paid leave days that provide you with opportunity to volunteer in the community, celebrate your birthday, start a family are part of these benefits. To support our employees’ wellbeing, we have the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), flexible and hybrid work environment, opportunity to work out of the state/country up to 6 weeks a year and well-appointed office amenities with daily supply of fruit, breakfast, healthy snacks and hot drinks.
Ipsos is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We seek belonging for all, promote diversity and practice equity. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate in. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the role and you fit the profile above, please submit your CV by applying today. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is only open to applicants who have the right to live and work in Australia.