Instrumentation QC Technician
Job ID 47093
About the job
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Instrument QC Technician will be responsible for routine testing of Neogen Food Safety instrumentation to ensure compliance with specified performance standards. Neogen has a broad range of products that provide our customers with effective food safety solutions. They will also assist with equipment evaluations and provide feedback on product issues to technical support teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine testing on testing equipment to ensure they meet quality standards
- Performs calibration of instrumentation
- Ensures quality product is returned to customers after repairs
- Compiles detailed quality paperwork
- Ensures that Neogen CRM and ERP system entries for Instrumentation department repairs are properly updated and cases are closed in timely manner
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to streamline routine activities/troubleshoot manufacturing and QC issues
- Adheres to GLP/ISO guidelines in daily activities
- Other duties as may be assigned by Manager
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical Skills: Able to attain working understanding of instrumentation function and how it affects reagent performance.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and other procedural documents in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively in front of team members and in front of other general group meetings.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a solid knowledge of computers and OS systems as well as the ability to communicate electronically effectively. Experience with ERP and CRM systems and Microsoft Office Suite are preferred.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform routine mathematical operations including some basic statistical analysis (percentage, averages, etc.). Understanding of metric system and metric to English conversions.
Education And Experience
- Minimum HS diploma, associate degree in computer/electronics/QC-related fields preferred.
Come Be Part Of A Mission that Matters!
From inside the farm gate to our dinner plates, Neogen protects the world’s food supply. Through a variety of animal healthcare products, to food safety solutions for dangerous bacteria, allergens, toxins, drug residues and much more, Neogen is there — and you can be too.