Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Job ID 47095
About the job
Downer’s Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road. Our business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
A fantastic opportunity is now available for a qualified and experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanic to join our Road Services Plant business based out of our workshop in Austins Ferry, TAS. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the role would see you in a crucial position working with our large fleet of road transport and earthmoving equipment in the workshop. You will ensure that the highest standard of plant reliability and availability is achieved, whilst maintaining Downer’s Safety and regulatory standards.
- Trade qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Fitter or Equivalent.
- Current HR Licence (not essential).
- Experience working on heavy mobile equipment, trucks and diesel engines.
- Basic hydraulic knowledge.
- Strong fault-finding skills and breakdown support.
- A good attitude and strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm culture.
What We Offer
- Highly supportive, team-oriented organisation.
- Competitive remuneration with ongoing training and support.
- Work-life balance (local work).
- Overtime opportunities.
- The opportunity to build your career in a multi-disciplined business environment along with access to Downer internal opportunities.
- Access to Downer Group Employee Benefits.
- A large fleet of new, modern equipment to service and maintain.
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
At Downer, our approach to diversity is what sets us apart. Our people can be their best by bringing their most authentic selves to work every day. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this opportunity and your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click “Apply” and submit your application along with a copy of your resume.
Please note emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.