Head of Department: Asia Pacific
Job ID 26032
Based: Jakarta, Indonesia. Candidates must be living in Indonesia.
The Head of Department for Asia Pacific is responsible for the business performance and the commercial growth of the Asia Pacific business unit. They are responsible for maintaining the existing business and for developing new business. The appointment is foremost a leadership position and the development and leadership, mentoring and coaching of the Asia Pacific team is the priority. The Head of Department reports directly to the CEO but is ultimately accountable to the shareholders for the performance of the business unit.
- Account management of existing business relationships, to grow these and to provide faultless service delivery and customer support. Develop strategic relationships within existing and new business accounts.
- Write and execute the Group’s Asia Pacific business and sales plan, in collaboration with the other Heads of Departments and the Board of Directors. Is accountable to the CEO and the Board for the successful execution of the Asia Pacific Plan; is responsible for the monthly and annual performance of the Asia Pacific P&L.
- Build and lead the sales team to identify and close new business in the Asia Pacific, collaborating with the Group’s marketing and sales resources to help close new business.
- Project management coordination with a broad scope of various multi-national and local customers. Provide Project management leadership across multiple assignments.
- Is the primary customer relations manager for all Asia Pacific business.
- Develop the Asia Pacific team members – guide and coordinate personal development plans, particularly training, provide career planning, conduct annual performance reviews, coach, motivate, and counsel team members day to day for their professional growth.
Bachelor or Masters degree from a recognised regional university in business, marketing, finance, or management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to develop new relationships.
- Mature capacity to communicate in written and spoken English and Bahasa.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams is essential.
- Sound understanding of financial, accounting and business principles.
- A minimum of five years experience in sales or sales management with a demonstrated ability to scale business.
- Has worked in a cross cultural environment and ideally in a multinational company.
- Referenceable ability to directly handle clients and to close new business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and sales targets
- Experience contributing to executive teams (C-Suite) and Boards
- Experience managing sales teams is preferred
- Experience using sales software (CRM)
- Experience hiring and managing sales and technical resources