Engineer, Senior Mechanical
Job ID 47181
About the job
Make Your Mark
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About The Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as the senior mechanical engineer, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive and professional advice and support to the maintenance team with regard to plant design, efficiencies and improvements. You will also be responsible for the management of equipment maintenance systems to ensure the reliable and productive operation of heavy equipment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide engineering, planning and project management support to the Maintenance team.
- Responsible for rebuild projects, costs, labor and quality.
- Monitor plant condition and identify unreliable plant, provide reports and recommendations to the Assets Department.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Participate and advise in introduction to site process.
- Participate in equipment evaluations, souring of equipment and determining logistical requirements.
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Two years’ experience working as a senior mechanical engineer
- Five years’ experience working as a mechanical engineer on mobile plant
- Five years maintenance experience
- Experience in plant management and document control systems is highly desirable
- Knowledge of maintenance and planning systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced MS Project skills
- Experience in use of asset maintenance tools and product support systems such as CAT SIS, My Liebherr, Cummins Quick Seve, Power BI ect.
The following skills will ensure your success in this role:
- Planning and organizing
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Problem solving
- Conflict and time management, and
- Strong communication skills
What Thiess Can Do For You
- Permanent full-time positions
- Monthly RDO!
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
How To Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.