Customized Program Manager
Job ID 47302
The Customized Program (CP) Manager reports to the
Director of Institutional Relations and Enrollment to provide customized programming as requested by our academic partners/clients. The CP Manager will lead the development of faculty-led and other groups from concept to post-program evaluation. They will be responsible for designing and implementing a marketing campaign to promote our CP offerings to existing University partners and other potential partners.
The Manager will also be responsible for assessing completed programs and improving our offerings based on participant feedback and general program evaluation. The Manager will be expected to work with our on-site Resident Directors, staff and program partners to help develop specific and generic proposals. At the same time, the Manager will be responsible for working with our Director of Edutravel programs in Spain and other Directors to budget and price Customized Programs.
- Coordinate with academic contacts from U.S. Institutions on the creation and overall implementation of CP programs (approx.40+ proposals per year)
- Collaborate with on-site staff to create program itineraries, budgets and proposals as requested by clients
- Provide excellent quality service to clients through timely responses and close follow-up throughout the proposal process
- Maintain an accurate tracking system of all CP clients and required follow-up
- Create and manage all CP Program applications in the database.
- Follow-up with schools/students on application materials.
- Create all marketing/promotional materials for CP programs (Coordinate with Marketing Department, as needed)
- Prepare and distribute pre-departure materials to CP schools/students (student handbooks, professor forms, visa letters, group flights, etc.)
- Collaborate with IR Coordinators on targeting/reaching out to potential CP clients
- Consistently provide feedback on improving CP services, processes and programming
- Attendance at national and regional conferences that target CP markets (ACTFL, NAFSA, Language Conferences, etc.)
- Assist with any special projects or requests as necessary
- Outstanding organizational skills and demonstrated experience working with foreign partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the Spanish language (both written and verbal) required
- Occasional travel to CP partners, as needed (25%)
- Occasional coverage of study abroad fairs (Fall and Spring), as needed
- The Manager will receive intensive training during the first year of the position and continued support from management, but is expected to work independently and creatively
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in travel planning and organizing, with an emphasis on coordinating programs for academic institutions and cultural organizations
- Experience working with faculty and/or knowledge of U.S. Academic Institutions, strongly preferred
- Experience in international education
- Personal study abroad experience
Start Date: December 2023