Coordinator of International Education
Job ID 46084
The Coordinator of International Education supports study abroad experiences and the immigration process for international students at Millsaps College. This position oversees faculty-led study abroad courses, international exchange programs, and immigration (PDSO). The Coordinator reports to the Director of International Education.
The position works on-site in Jackson, MS with regular office hours from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break.
- Collaborate with faculty and provide support and guidance to students related to faculty-led study abroad courses
- Administer international exchange programs for outgoing and inbound students
- Serve as Principal Designated School Official (PDSO), maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and all related certification requirements
- Coordinate the day-to-day activity of the Office of International Education and serve as key liaison between multiple campus departments
- Assist the Director in developing strategies and resources to promote diversity and inclusion for education abroad opportunities for students and faculty
- Assist the Director with developing, maintaining and renewing MOU/partnership agreements
- Support Millsaps in all developing internationalization projects and programs, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; preference for candidates with a Master’s degree in international education or related field
- Two years of experience in an international education office (international program administration, international student services and immigration (F-1))
- US citizen or permanent resident per federal regulations governing immigration official (e.g., PDSO) eligibility
- Demonstrated professional experience with MS Office suite, hosting virtual meetings, and creating PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well with others from a broad range of positions, departments and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated intercultural competence
- Able to work individually and in teams
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative
- Ability to manage and process a high volume of detailed information with frequent interruptions
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to varying technological environments
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately as well as accept supervisory input and constructive criticism
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Some travel may be required. Ability to travel abroad as needed.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume, a letter of interest, and the names and contact information of three references.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment.