Contracts Manager / Quantity Surveyor
Job ID 47829
About the job
At BAE Systems Australia
- Do interesting work that MATTERS
- ENJOY what you do
- GROW your career
- Be YOU
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world’s most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About The OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager/Quantity Surveyor to join our Hunter Class Frigates Program based at Osborne, South Australia reporting to the Supply Chain Manager – Production Subcontracts
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
Working across all aspects of the establishment, placement and management of Production / Manufacturing contract arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business, which, through effective relationship and performance management, maximise value and minimise risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure commercial aspects of sub-contract accounts are managed from procurement to interim and final account agreement, in accordance with relevant contract terms and associated pricing option and /or best practice
- Provide Programme and Project management team and Operations with advice and assistance on all matters relating to Contract Performance and Commercial issues in accordance with relevant contract terms and associated pricing option and /or best practice
- Establish and agree contractual programme, forecasting and reporting project commercial performance
- Secure labour, materials and Sub-contractors to ensure that contracts are completed on time and within budget
- Maximise the commercial benefit of all subcontracts and effective management of contract changes in accordance with relevant contract terms and associated pricing options and /or best practice
- Management of subcontractors accounts accurately and effectively to enhance contract performance
- Accountable for monitoring accurate Contractor progress on site, carrying out accurate site and quantity measurements; where applicable accountable for reporting over measure or cost adjustments required
- Accountable for ensuring that Contractor payment valuations are accurately assessed, challenged appropriately, certified and paid on time with the appropriate contractual notices and payment certificates, with findings communicated to all stakeholders
- Hold regular progress and contract performance meetings to facilitate agreement of contractual changes whilst ensuring that the contractual timeframes are complied with, covering SHE, quality, risks and budget delivery and savings for assigned contracts
- Ensure required notices are issued or responded to in accordance with contract procedures and timescales
- Monitor subcontractor forecasts of cost and value of all trades including Preliminaries, and report on same to ensure efficient delivery of the subcontract and Programme
- Accountable for early warnings, risk identification, management, mitigation, tracking and retirement
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy & Quality Manual
- Carry out other tasks of a commercial nature as directed by the Line of Business Production Subcontracts Manager / Head of Supply Chain
- Sourcing of assigned delivery packages in line with the onsite services procurement strategies and plans and accountable for tendering activities in accordance with full end to end sourcing process and appropriate legislation e.g. single source contracting, ensuring attention to detail in the identification and assessment of evolving workload and tender responses.
- Work with key stakeholders to resolve issues as escalated through the Subcontractors, internal stakeholders or the Line of Business Production Subcontracts Manager / Head of Supply Chain
- Dispute resolution activities as required. Working alongside key stakeholders, ensure the successful conclusion of commercial disputes, including closure of outgoing or incoming commercial claims
- Budget management activities for both labour and material spend for assigned packages, including reporting, approval and ownership of Purchase Orders
- Contract placement for assigned packages, achieving a value for money outcome with view to ongoing savings propositions signed-off
- Delivery of assigned subcontracts, meeting time, cost, SHE, quality and certification requirements within the contract boundaries
- Fulfilment of the Subcontract Manager role for assigned contracts including delivery of contract reviews
- Weekly/monthly progress reporting against contract and financial delivery, including presentation of reporting to Programme Control Account Mangers and Programme Senior Leadership team
- In line with the ‘One Team’ operating principle, facilitate the integration of subcontractors into Ship build and Integration delivery teams
- Issue resolution for assigned subcontracts, including route cause analysis and delivery of return to green action plans, escalating as to the Line of Business Production Subcontracts Manager / Head of Supply Chain as required
- Management, mitigation and retirement of risk for assigned contracts
- Eligibility to apply for Security Clearance
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don’t tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don’t meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia’s largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.
Senior DevOps Engineer / Senior Software Developer Full time Hybrid