Communications Consultant (Associate)
- Full time
- Hanoi, Vietnam View on Map
- @Clickable Impact posted 1 week ago
- Posted : March 14, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 52
Job ID 27231
Job Title: Communications Consultant (Associate)
Reports To: Manager, Communications and Public Affairs Group
Department/ Group: Communications and Public Affairs
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel Required: Yes
Level/Salary Range: Negotiable
To apply, please email apply+ClickableImpact@iglobaltalent.com, attaching your CV and cover letter. This position will not sponsor a visa or work permit.
Are you a smart, dynamic communications and government relations tactician? Do you crave the opportunity to do world-class work for a portfolio of big-name clients? Do you get satisfaction from contributing to meaningful change for people, communities, and the environment? Clickable Impact is seeking an Associate-level Communications and Public Affairs Consultant to join our fast-growing Hanoi office.
WHO WE ARE
Clickable Impact is a consulting firm built from the ground up to hasten progress towards
the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We help development finance, development programs, and NGOs achieve better outcomes through strategic communications and public affairs.
- We help companies tell their ESG stories.
- We help tourism destinations bank on sustainability and resilience.
- We build cross-sector partnerships that accelerate investment and knowledge sharing.
We are headquartered in Hanoi, Vietnam with teams in Ho Chi Minh City and across the region.
WHO YOU ARE
A smart, strategic problem solver with at least 4 years of communications and/or government relations experience. You have a demonstrated knowledge of the Vietnamese political system and an awareness of how to engage constructively with the government and other stakeholders to achieve shared goals. You are hard-working, driven, and organized. You take direction when appropriate but are adept at solving new challenges. You have impeccable professionalism and can easily move between conversations with clients, senior thought leaders, and working teams. You thrive in collaborative environments.
The Associate will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of projects with clients in development. Clickable Impact’s client roster includes the Asian Development Bank; the World Bank; bilateral agencies including AFD, GIZ, and the EU; and UN agencies. Project stakeholders include national ministries, provincial governments, and large cities.
You will serve as the glue that holds projects together, managing client relationships, strategies, budgets, and work plans in cooperation with a Senior Associate. On a typical day, you might come to the office and brainstorm a public affairs strategy to secure support for new waste management infrastructure, lead a standup meeting to check the progress of a website under development, hold a client meeting to discuss an upcoming program launch press conference, and write scripts for a new animated explainer series about green bonds.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate will work across a matrixed team. You will collaborate with a Senior Associate on client and project management responsibilities. You will develop and implement strategies and approaches with the Communications and Public Affairs practice director and practice manager. You will manage progress toward deliverables in concert with a content production team. Detailed responsibilities are as follows:
1. Consulting & Strategic Counsel
– Research and co-author communications and government relations strategies and concept notes.
– Develop and lead the production of communications content.
– Develop presentations and other persuasive content for use in senior meetings.
– Respond to ad hoc client needs and crises, soliciting counsel from across the Clickable Impact team.
2. Client Relationship & Project Management
– Maintain positive client relationships, including timely, appropriate communication with clients and prompt handling of client concerns.
– Analyze client’s needs and requirements, ensuring demands are met and proactively communicated to project teams.
– Plan and manage projects for superior outcomes, profitability, and on-time delivery.
– Present progress and deliverables to clients and collect their feedback.
– Take high-level responsibility for configuring new clients and new projects in the company’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) and project management systems. Keep systems up to date with current project data and be prepared to explain data points to management.
– Maintain positive relationships across project teams.
3. New Business
– Contribute to new business proposals and presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
– Bachelor’s degree.
– 4 years of professional experience in strategic communications and/or government relations.
– DFI, development agency, or NGO experience advantageous.
– Climate (mitigation, adaptation, resilience) knowledge and experience advantageous.
– Good speaking and writing ability in English. Excellent speaking and writing ability in Vietnamese.
WHY JOIN US
By joining the Clickable team, you are offered:
– The opportunity to do meaningful, high-caliber work for top-tier clients in development.
– Mentorship and on-the-job learning.
– A transparent and promising career ladder.
– The chance to work with a high-performance, high-morale team.
– Extensive professional network in Asia.
– Mature work processes and systems inside a 10-year-old consulting organization.
VND 17-28 million (gross) depending on experience plus 13th-month salary, PTO, and health benefits.
Director, Communications and Public Affairs Consulting Group Full time
Communications Consultant (Associate) Remote
Graphic Designer Full time