Job ID 47663
About the job
Senior Clinical Psychologist – Secure Extended Care Unit (SECU)
- Make an impact in supporting the mental health of adults and their families
- Flexibility in working hours, open to full time or part time (minimum 4 days, 30.4 hours p/w)
- Heidelberg location, with multiple public transport options available
- Competitive base + salary packaging + super + 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part time)
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the Northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our goal to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
About the Mental Health Division
The Mental Health Division provides mental health assessment and interventions for people experiencing mental illness, and their family and carers. Working from a recovery-orientated model, the Mental Health Division provides an array of hospital-based, community and specialist services for infants, children, young people, adults and aged people throughout Victoria. All mental health services work within a clinical framework that promotes recovery-orientated practice and supported decision-making.
The Mental Health Division has a highly supportive and collaborative team culture, based on the foundations of the Austin Health values.
About the role
The Senior Clinical Psychologist will provide leadership as a specialist psychology resource to SECU, as well as work collaboratively across the broader Mental Health Division. Psychologists across the Mental Health Division are connected through peer supervision supports, along with independent professional supervision overseen by the Director of Psychology.
A regular day will see you:
- Provide discipline specific interventions and support for people with complex emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties, and their family/carers.
- Assess and formulate along with the provision of evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions within a collaborative, recovery-focused model of care
- Provide supervision for psychologists, including graduate psychologists, and psychology students completing clinical placements.
You will be someone who has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
You’ll bring with you:
- Demonstrated experience in provision of evidence based psychological interventions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to liaise and consult with a wide range of individuals, agencies and service providers
- Keen interest, endorsement and experience in providing clinical supervision
- High level self-management skills – time management, diligence and reliability
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging, for living expenses, meals and holiday accommodation
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
- Onsite childcare, easy access via public transport, car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
- Five weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part time), plus purchased leave options
Inclusion at Austin
We celebrate, value, and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies, and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, physically, culturally and/or gender diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application as applicants may be contacted prior to the closing date. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working with Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact the hiring manager.