Clinical Nurse Consultant, Diabetes
Job ID 47153
About the job
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing – part time
- Part-time – 72 hours per fortnight
- Clinical Nurse Consultant C – ZA7/ZA8 – CAPR 4.1/CAPR 4.2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Endocrinology & Diabetes comprises a multidisciplinary team of Endocrinologists, Diabetes Nurse Educators, Podiatrists and Dietitians who bring expertise and excellent, compassionate care to our patients. We provide patients with the best and most current treatments, methods, materials and equipment to ensure that patients receive the highest quality of service. We believe that patients come first. Teamwork is highly valued and encouraged within the practice to promote a harmonious and productive environment. We place great importance on ethical and responsible behaviour as being essential to maintain the trust and loyalty of our patients and staff.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our dynamic Diabetes Education Team within Alfred Health as a Diabetes Clinical Nurse Consultant. This is an ongoing permanent part time position of 72 hours per fortnight. As a Clinical Nurse Consultant, you will utilise your Post Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education and Management to provide exceptional patient care and support to the department. You will have the opportunity to provide specialist nursing expertise, diabetes management advice, care coordination and self-management support in a variety of hospital settings. The position is within a team covering three hospital sites within Alfred Health. The sites include The Alfred hospital, Caulfield hospital and Sandringham hospital.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Division 1 Registered Nurse with current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Post-graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education
- A Demonstrated experience in diabetes assessment and management utilising a client-centered approach
- ADEA Credentialed Diabetes Educator (CDE) status
- Ability to work both autonomously and within interdisciplinary teams
- High level interpersonal and professional organisational skills
- High level of clinical competence, skills and knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of government legislation, policies and risk management relative to Diabetes Education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT competency
- Current Victorian Driver Licence
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of policy and standards and operational procedures
- Experience providing Diabetes Education in the acute care setting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- An ability to use initiative and be pro-active when managing multiple responsibilities.
- Knowledge of office systems/software.
- Flexibility in working hours to allow for increase during times of annual leave.
- knowledge/experience working within a High Risk Foot Service.
- Knowledge/experience with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy.
- Knowledge/experience with interstitial blood glucose monitoring systems.
- Knowledge /experience with continuous glucose monitoring systems.
- Knowledge/experience with Gestational Diabetes management.
- Mentor qualification.
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Applications close at 11pm on Tuesday 14th November 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.