Career Medical Officer
Job ID 47150
About This Role:
Eden Private Hospital is currently looking for a suitably qualified Career Medical Officer for a permanent full-time position.
Eden Private Hospital is a comprehensive medical, rehabilitation, and mental health facility located in the picturesque town of Cooroy in the Noosa Hinterland.
The position is responsible for providing quality clinical care and medical interventions to patients.
- Review, admit, order investigations, and create care plans for all patients upon their admission or transfer from another facility.
- Assess patients at the request of the VMO/Rehabilitation Physician, nursing staff, or follow their clinical deterioration.
- Maintain adequate communication with the VMO/Rehabilitation Physician, nursing staff, patients, and patients’ family regarding significant changes in the patient’s condition or management.
- Adequately and legibly document all of the above in the patient’s medical record.
- Attend to any duress calls in any department.
- Attend and document ward rounds with the VMO/Rehabilitation Physician and make yourself available to assist them if needed.
- Provide handover as appropriate to the After-Hours Nurse In-Charge / NUM before you leave.
Qualifications – Mandatory:
- Registered or eligible for General Registration as a Medical Practitioner by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current and appropriate medical indemnity insurance.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and would like to have a confidential conversation, we can’t wait to hear from you.