Job ID 47255
About the job
This role is part of the Business Services Group, Banking department. Our Banking Department is looking for a Banking Officer to join their team in Sydney. The team provides a range of banking services to the Australian Government and its agencies, overseas central banks and official institutions. Its main role is management of the government’s core accounts. Transactional banking services are provided to some 90 government agencies on a commercial basis. The department operates from Head Office (Sydney) and our Canberra Branch.
- Provide effective operational, administrative, first and second level customer support for business systems.
- Provide business operations expertise and guidance to external and internal customers in relation to business processes (Teller Services).
- Conduct regular reviews of business operations to ensure operational controls are efficient and remain relevant.
- Monitor systems and liaise with stakeholders to facilitate early detection and resolution of issues.
- Ensure that activities comply with industry regulations and manage fraud and risk consistent with the Bank’s policies.
- Assist with the planning, co-ordination, testing and verification of system changes.
- Maintain appropriate contingency arrangements for systems/operations/customers/stakeholders.
- Ability to contribute to improving business processes and increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Basic level of experience resolving problems within service levels.
- Basic level of knowledge in payment system technologies or banking systems and technologies.
- Training or experience in transactional processing, working to procedures and separation of duties concepts.
- Basic level of knowledge in an operational environment involving deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of customer support principles and processes.
- Year 12 or equivalent or relevant working experience.
Working for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the people of Australia, we can offer development and career opportunities in a collaborative environment that supports your growth, wellbeing and promotes flexibility. Your individual growth and success drives the Bank forward as an organisation. Be more means you can do more, for yourself and for Australia.
Through the pursuit of national economic policy objectives and associated activities in financial markets and banking, the RBA makes an important contribution to the Australian economy. We also issue Australia’s banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system, all of which contribute to the welfare of the Australian people.
Made up of specialists across a wide range of fields, our people have a critical role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting capacity. As a values driven organisation, our people conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, while striving for excellence in the work they perform and the outcomes they achieve. We encourage intelligent inquiry and we treat one another with respect, while promoting the public interest through our efforts.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
Few places give you the balance of professional challenge and a management culture that not only supports but encourages you to live a full life outside of work and be more.