2022 - Present
College of Charleston
• Serve as interim Co-Director of Recruitment;
• Serve as the liaison between the Office of Admissions and New Student Programs for our international bridge program, iCharleston;
• Directly supervise Assistant Director of Regional Admissions and two Admissions Counselors
• Serve as the liaison between the Office of Admissions and partner company EAB;
• Plan and execute SACAC’s annual Dry Run Conference at College of Charleston;
• Recruitment of high school juniors and seniors to the College of Charleston through local visits, virtual visits, email, sit-down visits, and phone calls; Current territory includes VA, MD, and DC. Previously responsible for managing recruitment territories in the Midwest;
• Exhibit knowledge of campus resources for students and how to use them when assisting
new students and families;
• Serve and work with students wishing to take a Gap Year.
• Make 100+ high school visits per year, attend 10 college fairs per year, conduct large information sessions, host guidance counselors on and off campus;
• Counsel parents and students in small group, individual, and large presentation settings;
• Review ~1,100 undergraduate admission applications per year (freshmen and transfers);
• Answer campus inquiries via phone, e-mail (both personal and on behalf of the College), Online Live Chat, and in person (both on and off campus);
• Hired, trained, and directly supervised 2 Admissions Representatives (contract employees hired to travel and assist in office duties for 10 months) as an Assistant Director.
2022 - Present
Green Apple College Guidance & Education
Work with students on academic planning and post-secondary preparation. Focus on clarity, while also helping to broaden a student’s scope through connection to outside resources and inner creativity.
Work with students to complete a resume, explore college concentrations, set goals, plan for admissions testing, choose summer enrichment, hone interviewing skills, strategize using data, compose and narrow a list, fill out all applications, write all essays, and ultimately decide on a first choice college.