Cyber Security Professional
Sector: Defense & SpaceMember Since, July 17, 2023
Open To Work
When I was 9, I attempted to teach myself Russian. When I was 13, I was the first girl to play tackle football for St. Mary’s County, Maryland. By the time I was 21, I had lived on three different continents.
I’m not afraid of a challenge. In fact, the bigger the challenge, the better.
As an undergraduate, I majored in International Studies and Mandarin Chinese. Although not typical to tech, they provided me with two critical skills vital to the field of cyber security: the ability to make meaningful connections with disparate data and the unwavering idea that I can take on any challenge.
While I don’t possess a traditional technology background, I believe this very fact is what makes me an ideal candidate for a cyber security position. Einstein once defined insanity as “to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.” For the past decade, many organizations have done just that – applied the same strategy to a problem that is constantly evolving. Cyber security is both global and personal, and I aim to understand how businesses and consumers can best combat the challenges an interconnected world presents.
This quest has led me to pursue a Master’s degree in Information Security Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University. With the aim to increase my technical competence, I have taken courses in Network Forensics, Ethical Penetration Testing, and Cyber Threat Analysis. Upon graduation, my goal is to bridge the gap between the technical and business worlds and provide timely, feasible solutions to complex cyber security problems.
If your organization is looking for a novel approach to their cyber security challenges, let’s chat!
Master of Science - MS, Computer and Information Systems Security/Information Assurance (2017 - 2019) Carnegie Mellon University
MSISPM - Information Security Policy and Management
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), International Studies (2006 - 2010) University of Mississippi
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Chinese (2006 - 2010) University of Mississippi
Work & Experience
Lockheed Martin (2022 - Present ) Cyber Systems Security Engineer Stf
Lockheed Martin (2021 - 2022 ) Cyber Systems Security Engineer Sr
Lockheed Martin (2019 - 2021 ) Cyber Systems Security Engineer
7 River Systems (2019 - 2020 ) Information Security Policy & Strategy Intern
• Analyze cyber security assessment data to identify risk areas and propose mitigation alternatives • Support periodic ISO 27001 and SOC audits to help organizations attain certifications • Create cyber security awareness and training material and present it to organization staff
Carnegie Mellon University - Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy (2017 - 2019 ) Information Security Policy and Management Graduate Student
Carnegie Mellon University - Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy (2018 - 2018 ) Graduate Teaching Assistant
• Assisted professor in grading graduate coursework and exams • Tutored students one-on-one to help them master course material • Co-developed graduate-level coursework with Carnegie Mellon University faculty
Threat Analysis Intern Software Engineering Institute | Carnegie Mellon University (2018 - 2019 ) Threat Analysis Intern
• Evaluated OSINT feeds alongside threat analysts to determine their validity and utility • Wrote distributed workers using Python to consume and process OSINT feeds • Researched relevant APTs and their tools, tactics, and procedures for threat analyst reports
Lockheed Martin (2018 - 2018 ) Corporate Information Security Intern
• Developed automated tools via Python scripts to increase organizational productivity • Assisted reverse engineering team in analyzing existing malware and creating relevant YARA rules • Participated in inaugural cyber symposium to develop red team and blue team skills • Collaborated with Computer Incident Response Team daily to better understand current cyber threats
Shuangliu Experimental Middle School (2016 - 2017 ) English Teacher
• Prepared innovative classroom games to reinforce concepts covered in textbooks • Worked with students to improve the clarity of their speech and understanding of vocabulary • Utilized digital media to teach students about Western culture and history • Effectively communicated and worked with over 10 Chinese teachers on a daily basis
International Studies Abroad (ISA) (2012 - 2016 ) Senior Study Abroad Manager
Presented study abroad information to foreign language educators and students • Designed catalog, website and marketing content and material to increase company presence • Led research for new program initiatives aimed at fostering company growth • Developed and identified prospective leads to advance company integration within new markets